Seabed Resource Development
Various energy, mineral, and biological resources exist under the deep waters; however, most of them are rarely tapped by human beings. Environmentally sound and economical development of these seabed resources will contribute to the prosperity of human society.
To realize the sustainable development of seabed resources in the deepwater environment, we conduct 1) study on genesis of resources and ecosystem in the deepwater environment, 2) development of production technology for seabed resources, and 3) environmental impact and economical evaluations of seabed resource development. In addition, we emphasize the practicality of findings and promote cooperation among industry, government and academia. The primary research target is the development of methane hydrate.
- Ocean Technology Policy
- Ocean Industrial Science and Technology
- Integrated Marine-System Health Management
- Ocean Resource and Energy
- Seabed Resource Development
- Marine Environmental Modeling and Synthesizing
- Marine Environment Systems
- Ocean Information Systems
- Applied Physical Oceanography
- Marine environment observational research for the Arctic Ocean
- Climate Prediction and Its Application