Seabed Resource Development
Various energy, mineral, and biological resources exist under the deep waters; however, most of them are rarely tapped by human beings. Environmentally sound and economical development of these seabed resources will contribute to the prosperity of human society.
To realize the sustainable development of seabed resources in the deepwater environment, we conduct 1) study on genesis of resources and ecosystem in the deepwater environment, 2) development of production technology for seabed resources, and 3) environmental impact and economical evaluations of seabed resource development. In addition, we emphasize the practicality of findings and promote cooperation among industry, government and academia.
We advance the commercialization of seabed resources such as methane hydrate and greater utilization of the deep sea, such as CO2 storage in the subsea underground.
- Marine Environmental Modeling and Synthesizing
- Marine Environment Systems
- Applied Physical Oceanography
- Ocean Technology Policy
- Ocean Industrial Science and Technology
- Integrated Marine-System Health Management
- Ocean Resource and Energy
- Seabed Resource Development
- Marine environment observational research for the Arctic Ocean
- Climate Prediction and Its Application